Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

At midnight I sent out a mass text to all my friends to wish them happy new year and was responded with a happy new year from them an hour later. It was a little weird to not be celebrating new years with my friends now that I am in a different time zone. Midnight was crazy! So many fireworks going off from every backyard but ours! Johnny and Cole ran from the front windows to the back a bazillion times trying to get a good look. We were too chicken to go outside with all the crazies and their firepower.

Ok so today wasn't as huge a waste as I thought it would be. We woke up and decided to take a drive around town so Johnny could get pictures of all the run down places. He keeps telling me what a shock it is to see these places. Business' run out of houses and so many abandoned old buildings. We just drove around and Johnny would yell, "wait pull over," and he would jump out and take another pic. When the kids were getting restless, I dropped them all off at their favorite park on the Pecos so I could run a couple errands.
My mom made a really good ham for dinner and we spent the rest of the night playing games and bathing kids. It seems we are taking over the parent role for Cole. We don't mind, he really needs it and he loves having Johnny around!
Tomorrow my mom has to go back to work, vacation is over and its back to the real world.

No comments:

Post a Comment