Wednesday, December 31, 2008

No Traditions This Year

I realized today that we missed out on all of 2008s traditions. We spent Thanksgiving at my grandmas house because of Lynne's leg, we missed christmas shrimp and now the New Years buffet. For 6 years I have taken place in these traditions and I cant help but miss them a little as I say goodbye to 2008. I guess 2009 will have to be a year of new traditions.

We did nothing today, it was a pretty pathetic last day of the year. We were planning to go to Artesia for their celebration. They had a band playing and fireworks and stuff but we started watching movies and never really got ready to go. We have been hearing fireworks all night though since they are legal here. We still have 30 minutes before midnight so who knows how many will be going off then.

Tomorrow is the first day of a new year and yet it feels like a waste. Most places worth working for will be closed until monday so there is no hope for having a job to start the year off with. Although that is a bit discouraging we have more numbers to call for work and I found a dental office looking for a secretary, at least that would be a foot in the door to a dental job. My mom is going to see about the receptionist position at the hospital when she goes back on friday as well.

So goodbye 2008 and hello 2009! Hopefully it will be better then the last.

1 comment:

  1. Don't feel bad - we haven't done anything and we still live in the same place! I was totally in bed at 9:45pm last night . . . good times! Don't worry, things will get better. Life will resume for all of America on Monday and you'll be able to really job hunt. I like your blog - it's good to see where you are with things. So . . . are you going to Rome?

    ReplyDelete