Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter

Egg hunts and Easter baskets that's what Easter is all about right? I have no idea but this Easter really hit me. On Friday I started thinking about what had happened that day so long ago and what the weekend was really all about. I have always considered myself "religiously confused" that's what I like to call it. My mom never went to church when I was younger so the only time I went was with friends. I participated in Sunday school and learned about God's history. Then I went to visit my aunts in Colorado and went to church with them. They are Jehovah's Witnesses and what I started hearing at their meeting was different from what I heard with my friends. I began arguing with the sermons mentally thinking, "No, that's not right." I didn't favor my friends churches, that was my reaction to every conflicting sermon I heard no matter what church I was in. So I gave up, turned to science. I have always been a logical thinker and it worked better for me. I had a teacher in high school that believed in evolution but also believed that some force helped push it along, I liked that idea.

That changed completely on June 11, 2006. How can you not believe in God when you witness the incredible miracle of life?! I began to crave a stronger relationship with Him. Johnny's hardest days of work were on Sundays and I wasn't ready to go to church by myself even thought the thought crossed my mind many times. I am really looking forward to going back to Escondido and having normal lives so we can start going to church. I really want Madison to grow up going to church, I think a healthy relationship with God is a wonderful thing.

I sat thinking about this a lot yesterday and laughed at myself in my earlier days praying for some boy to like me or to help me find the homework I lost. I realized how I have changed so much in that department as well and I hadn't even realized it. Now I find myself praying for strength to overcome things or patience or guidance. I feel so ridiculous for what I used to beg for! I hope that means I am becoming more mature and will help me understand Him better as I try to grow closer.

Anyways this Easter the Easter bunny came but I also made a point to read Madison stories from the Children's Bible. I also made my first ham by myself and it turned out really great!

No comments:

Post a Comment