Friday, April 10, 2009

Craziness!

Ive seen a bazillion previews for the new Hannah Montana Movie that came out today. Ive watched the show a few times and its pretty entertaining but theres something I cant stand about Miley Cyrus. Im not a huge fan of her singing either. Anyways I saw previews for her movie an saw that Taylor Swift and Rascal Flatts were going to be in it as well. Now I had to go see it. Im a sucker for all the girly teeny bopper movies. I have all the High School Musicals and all the movies Hillary Duff made so why not give Miley a try on the big screen?

Now that Im in this middle of now where town I wasnt sure if it would be playing here today. There is one movie theater in town that only has three screens in it and then a drive in that also has three screens. I checked Fandango but they didnt even have the theater listed!! So while I was out running errands I decided to drive by the theater and see if it was playing. Sure enough it was so I drove home and talked my mom into going to the 7:10 showing.

Come 6:40 I was freaking out to my mom. "We got to go, we got to go!!" She assured me that it was only a 5 minute drive there and it wouldnt be busy. Obviously my mother didnt realize how popular Hannah Montana was and that this was opening night! There was no way we were going to get good seats!!! We get our tickets and my mom waited in line for snacks and told me to go save some seats. I hurry to theater 2 and walk in to find that I was the only one there! I could help but bust up laughing. So I picked out perfect seats and was alone for about five minutes before people started coming in to join me. Beside the fact that it was a tiny movie theater, it was also ancient seating!! NO STADIUM SEATING!!! I cant believe people still have that!!

The movie stated a good 20 minutes late with only about 20 people there to watch. I guess my mom was right! I did find it pretty interesting to see that the ushers came in a lot through out the movie and would ask people to quiet down or put their feet down. Could you imagine how many people they would need to do that back in San Diego? There definitely wouldnt be a job shortage! They also had signs all over saying that if caught on the phone or texting at all in the auditorium more than once you would be kicked out. I cant remember the last time I went to a movie and didnt see the glow of someones phone!

The movie was actually really good. My kind of movie, lots of country and horses. Man Im a dork but tonight Im definitely wishing I was in Tennessee!

No comments:

Post a Comment