Thursday, March 5, 2009

Hello California!

Johnny and I planned a much needed trip back to CA. We decided it would be fun to surprise Johnny's mom and then go to Disneyland for my birthday.

4 AM Thursday morning we headed to Cali. The drive went pretty fast, especially since we were really excited! Once we passed into California it was amazing. Looking around at all the green and trees, Johnny said it looked like we were entering into heavan or something. Then we hit traffic! I am loving that new carpool lane that is for sure!



Bruce tells us to meet him at IHOP and then we will wait for Lynne there, Johnny says,"So what happens if mom doesnt want to go out to dinner?" Long story short, she didnt want IHOP so we met her at Chilis. Bruce went in first and we followed shortly after. Lynne had no clue at all and was fully focused on her menu. We walked up to the table and said,"Can we sit with you guys?" It was exactly the reaction I wanted, Lynne's mouth dropped open and her eyes lit up. She almost looked like she could cry complete tears of joy. That was completly worth the 14 hour drive plus the hour waiting around for her. We had a good dinner, better than we would have had at IHOP so the change in resturants was fine by me. Then we headed back home to spend the weekend with the family.

The weekend was pretty fun. I saw my grandma for a birthday lunch and then on sunday we drove up to see David and Bethany's new house. Im so jealous! They have a beautiful front yard and is huge! Bethany is so amazing when it comes to decorating (I have no idea how much David helped but who ever did a wonderful job!) Its a amazong first house, not too big but not too small and it seriously looked like it could be a model house the way they had it all set up.

Madison and Delaney played while Bethany and I got pedicures. It was a very nice treat/birthday present! Thanks again Bethany!! Then we headed down for birthday dinner at Bruce and Lynnes. It was really nice to spend the day with my extended family! I really feel like we have always been family and Im greatful to be so close with all of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment