Sunday, February 15, 2009

Go Thunderwolves!

Yesterday was pretty fun. My mom, Cole, Madison and I drove up to Las Vegas, NM to watch my brother wrestle. It took us about 5 hours to get there but we stopped at Albertsons and that took an hour in itself. The drive was pretty uneventful, the kids watched movies in the back while my mom and I made small talk.

I realized I left my Sugarland CD in her car so I was very excited to have some music after a couple hours. After listening and singing along through the CD a bazillion times I decided I have to see them this year! I havent been to a concert since Green Day my freshman year of high school. I found out they are on tour with Kenny Chesney but they arent coming to San Diego. They are going to Albuquerque so hopefully I can talk my mom into going with me! I dont know why I have such a sudden need to go see someone sing in person but I do. I would love to see Taylor Swift or Rascal Flatts, but for some reason I want to see Sugarland the most. We will see if it happens...
Back to wrestling....We got there about 2 hours before the dual meet started so we went to find a bathroom. My incredible baby refused to pee in her diaper and waited for us to get to a bathroom. I didnt realize this until just before we got to the gas station however, I felt so bad! Then we just sat in the car in the warmth waiting for it to get closer to when we could go in to watch.

I hadnt seen Kellen wrestle since he was at EHS so I was really excited! Both teams took turns winning and Kellen was 4th to wrestle. That was so intense! We were standing and screaming and shaking and bail biting the whole time! Then of course Im in my hormonal state of mind for the month so I was fighting back tears that usually come with such tension! He has had a rough season so far and we know he has been struggling to keep in his weight class. We dont understand why he wont move up so he doesnt have to starve himself. Anyways after circling the mat a million times head to head Kellen finally almost had the guy pinned. The ref counted to 4 and then his opponent was able to get himself up. Kellen didnt pin the guy but he still won with the most points. We were very excited to see him win!
We got to talk to him a little during the meet and then he met up with us afterwards. I dont get to see him much and even though he drives me incredibly insane, I didnt realize how much I really miss him. We gave him his Valentines cards and candy and then turned around to head home. The meet stated at 7 and was over by 8:30, and we had atleast a 4 hour drive back home. I drove home trying to let my mom sleep since she had to be at work early the next morning. We got home at 1 am and even though we were mostly driving it was a lot of fun and worth seeing Kellen!

No comments:

Post a Comment